Master of Sports of International class in track and field athletics, winner of the Zurich marathon, participant of the Beijing 2008 Summer Olympics, multiple European Cup and Russian championships medalist, coach of the school “I Love Running”
In May I ran my first half-marathon, the result was 2:01:13. In September it was 1:56:16.
- What is the perfect running volume provided that my goal is to run a sub-1:48 half-marathon?
- Is it necessary to include a long run in my training plan and how long should it be?
Oleg Sergeevich, good afternoon.
I run half-marathons regularly, my personal record is 1:52:00.
I've finished running season and plan to return to running trainings in spring (in late March or in the beginning of April). I have several questions:
- What date should I choose for my first marathon's start considering that I plan to return to running trainings in March and let's assume that I'll start to train for a marathon since 1st April? I would like to prepare good, it doesn't mean quickly because my main goal is to run a marathon without injuries.
- Could you give me some recommendations on training plan: frequency of trainings per week, weekly running volume? How will the weekly running mileage change every month?
- What's number of speed trainings a week? How many long runs should I do?
I'm an amateur runner, not a professional but I'd like to run a half-marathon in spring. Please, tell me how many times a week I should train for?
I practice running since September. I ran 10 km in 1:09 yesterday in Sochi. My best result so far ... It was very hard race.
I can not figure out how to train further. Should I increase the running distance or just try to break the 1 hour limit.
My goal is endurance development and 21 km race in the long term.
Thank you for the opportunity to know the answer.
Элемент не найден!