A Walk to Give
A Walk to Give: race description
A Walk to Give is a local charitable 5K and outdoor event benefiting homeless animals by bringing together people and pets in our community. Participants will have the opportunity to bring their human and canine companions to participate in a 5K through wooded trails, gravel paths and over water bridges to compete for a variety of prizes while running for a charitable cause. In addition to the cardio acitivities, attendees will have the ability to meet-n-greet with adoptable pets from local area wide 501©,(3) animal rescues, shelters and welfare organizations in hopes of finding furever homes. Local veterinarians, dog trainers, groomers, pet suppliers, dog walkers, pet sitters, and boarding facilities will setup to offer the community resources, educational information, and will offer products and services to enrich the lives of pets and their families. Non-animal, but still animal-loving, vendors will be setting up booths, tents, crafts, accessories, services, apparel, and more, all to provide the public with an exceptional experience, service, and/or product for the overall goal of supporting A Life to Live's life-saving programs.
A Life to Live is the host and benefiting organization of A Walk to Give. A Life to Live is an incorporated 501©,(3) nonprofit organization that was established out of our love and passion for providing an opportunity and better quality of life for homeless animals. We have a No Kill mission with life saving programs that provides invaluable resources to homeless pets and our community. Through education, outreach, and service, we provide animals with an opportunity to live their full life. Learn more at www.adopttosave.org.
What you should bring with you on event day:
- Your photo ID. (Required for Check-In)
- Your signed Participant Waiver. (See event page to re-print)
- Map for Parking. (See event page for further more information regarding parking)
- Extra cash for food, beverages, merchandise and donations.
- Extra clothes, shoes, and a towel for after you run. (It could get muddy)
- Pet food and products if you'd like to contribute to our donation box on site. (See our Amazon Wish List)
What you should leave at home:
- Valuables and jewelry should be left at home.
- Outside food or beverages will not be allowed, with the exception of one water bottle. (Food and beverages will be offered throughout the event)
- Outside glass bottles will not be allowed.
- Real weapons and/or firearms will not be allowed.
- Bicycles, skates, and skateboards will not be allowed on running paths.
- Strollers, baby carriers, wagons, and any other similar items will not be allowed on running paths.
Pet specific information:
- All dogs must have, at a minimum, a collar and leash.
- Retractable leashes for participating pets are NOT allowed on running paths.
- Pet harnesses are highly recommended.
- Pets that do not do well with crowds, loud noises, runners, dogs, kids, yelling, bicycles, frisbees, etc, should be left in the comfort of your home.
- Pets that are in heat, that are not spayed, should be left at home. (We promote spaying and neutering)
- Pets that are not up to date on vaccinations should be left at home.
- Pets that show aggression towards other people and/or animals should be left at home. Pets that are seen showing aggression towards other people and/or animals, and that show a concern for public safety, will be asked to leave.
- We will have yellow bandanas on site for people with pets that do not do well when approached! Please visit our Help Desk upon arrival to receive your free yellow bandana. We want you and our guests to have a safe and pleasant experience!
- Pet Waste Bags will be provided for free to assist with keeping our park, and our shoes, clean! Visit our Help Desk for your free baggy dispenser.
Other races in the city
Элемент не найден!