Master of Sports of International class in track and field athletics, winner of the Zurich marathon, participant of the Beijing 2008 Summer Olympics, multiple European Cup and Russian championships medalist, coach of the school “I Love Running”
Обсудить в социальных сетяхInstagram ВКонтакте Facebook
- How to train to run faster? For instance, I run 5 km in 23 minutes but want in 17-18 minutes; I run 3 km in 12.50 but want in 10-11 minutes.
- How to train for a half marathon and marathon?
I'm 55 and I've been running for a long time, my usual distance is 10-15 km and 21 sometimes. My average pace is 6:15 min/km. I do interval running sometimes as well.
Now, I want to run my first marathon. Is it enough to run 10-15 km every other day at a slow pace without ambition (I can talk during running) or is it advisable to move on?
How many kilometers, on average, per week should I run when training for a half-marathon and marathon?
I’ve recently completed my first half marathon with a final time of 2:08:26.
How long does it take me to train for a marathon? Could I train for marathon without a coach but using online programs and apps?
It is not effective but still, I’d like to understand.
Oleg Sergeevich, good afternoon.
I run half-marathons regularly, my personal record is 1:52:00.
I've finished running season and plan to return to running trainings in spring (in late March or in the beginning of April). I have several questions:
- What date should I choose for my first marathon's start considering that I plan to return to running trainings in March and let's assume that I'll start to train for a marathon since 1st April? I would like to prepare good, it doesn't mean quickly because my main goal is to run a marathon without injuries.
- Could you give me some recommendations on training plan: frequency of trainings per week, weekly running volume? How will the weekly running mileage change every month?
- What's number of speed trainings a week? How many long runs should I do?